Please read the Curl Curl Coaching Philosophy for an overview of our club approach to
Below are some more specific expectations for your coaching
season, aimed particularly at new and junior coaches:
the comprehensive online coaching resource http://www.ffacoachingresource.com.au/ for ideas for drills.
Rotate your players on a regular basis. It is not acceptable to decide
that a junior can only play as a defender. If you think you have such a player,
it is your challenge to encourage new skills and instil confidence to change
• The development pathway is firstly to encourage ball mastery i.e.
control and dribbling skills. Encouragement to pass the ball in difficult
situations or to a player in space comes later and instructing the kids to belt
the ball away is certainly not the favoured approach.
• Have a good understanding of position numbers, position formations and
Attendance at courses will help with this knowledge.
• Attend some of the Monday night skill development sessions being run
4-7pm at Adam St, Curl Curl to get idea’s for drills.
• Be fun, patient and enthusiastic at all times when coaching kids.
Ask the kids questions.
• Be appropriately dressed when taking sessions and attending games.
The club supplies polo shirts free to all coaches and we encourage you to wear
• Know the rules associated with your age group.
Team Coaches and Trainers - a document outlining the rules regarding registration and appropriate/inappropriate payment of team coaches and trainers.